Sunday, August 6, 2017

Happy 70th Anniversary!

So my mom ask me to make an anniversary card for a very special couple that would be celebrating their 70th Anniversary.  Bob and Nancy Larson are indeed a very special couple.  Bob started  the Pinehaven Christian Childrens Ranch in Montana with just a dream.   He wanted to help kids that everyone had given up on to become great kids.  The ranch teaches kids the meaning of hard work and gives them self worth while teaching the love of God.
Here's the card I designed for them.
I decided to make the card a 5" x 7" card so all the members from our church could sign it before sending it to them.  I started with a Whisper White base, then added a payer of gold embossed acetate cardstock (retired),  I then added a layer of Sugar Plum and then topped it off with a layer of our beautiful Petal Garden DSP stack.
#144168
Using our Layering Ovals Thinlits and Our Gold Glimmer Paper and Whisper White cardstock I cut out a scallop oval and a regular oval and layered them together.  I then used the Large Numbered Framelits and Matching stamp set to cut out the numbers, stamped the "TH", and added the Anniversary banner to finish it off.  It was actually a very easy card.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Oh, I have had a few request to add a box so that you can be notified by email when I post to my blog, so I have added that to the top lefthand corner.  Have a good day everyone!
Twila

1 comment:

jeria said...

Thanks for sharing the story of the Larson family. Never give up!!!
And a beautiful card too.